30.12 Making New Versions of CONGEN
This section of the manual is not complete, but is left as a guide
for future work on the process of generating new versions.
This section describes the steps in generating a new version of the
protein system. It is constantly in flux and should be viewed as a
- Make sure the version number and date in opening output of CONGEN.FLX
is correct for this new version.
- Relink CONGEN if necessary.
- Redo a make depend in those directories where it is supported.
- Run all the test cases and compare against previous versions.
- Recompile the program with optimization, and compare results
- Rebuild the documentation.
- Clean up all directories of garbage.
- Make the tar files for distribution.
- Do a global setting of symbolic version number for this release.
- Backup the directory tree for posterity.