30.13 Installation of CONGEN on VMS
The installation of CONGEN on VAX/VMS is a very straightforward process.
The files are organized so that CONGEN can be installed by either a
system manager or an individual user without privilege. There are only a
few steps to be taken:
- The tape on which CONGEN is shipped contains a single saveset, CONGEN.BAC.
Restore the tape while preserving the directory structure into a directory
of your own choosing, e.g.
$ BACKUP MUA0:CONGEN.BAC [CONGEN...]
You will need about 100000 blocks to restore the saveset.
- Modify the file, [CONGEN.V2]CGDEFS.COM, to reflect your own directory
- Change either the system site specific startup file,
SYS$MANAGER:SYSTARTUP.COM, or your LOGIN.COM file to include
a call to CGDEFS to set up logical names. Use an argument of
JOBNAM as appropriate.
- Change either the system LOGIN.COM file or your LOGIN.COM file
to include a call to
CGDEFS to define commands, thusly,
- You may wish to delete rarely used files such as the bulk of the test
cases or source code object files.
- Copy the INFO files (congen, congen-*, flecsdoc,
and flecsdoc-*) in CGD: into the
GNU Emacs manual directory and modify the INFO directory file
so GNU Emacs can access the CONGEN documentation.
- It is helpful if GNU Emacs is installed so you can read the documentation